Now that we are all stuck inside, it is harder to eat out, so I made a shopping list of some healthy and very cheap foods.
You can use these to cook some very simple and tasty meals. I will provide some recipes as well.
I have honestly been surviving off of just these foods for months now. I honestly probably only spend $2-$5 on food a day, and I eat a lot.
- Potatoes (Brown and Sweet)
- Rice (Brown is better, get Minute Rice if you can)
- Pasta + Sauce
- Beans (black, kidney, pinto; whatever you like, I prefer black beans)
- Plant based milk (almond, oat, soy, etc.)
- Healthy Cereal (don’t get cereal full of sugar)
- Green Pepper
- Oil (I use Olive, but choose whatever you like, for cooking)
- Bread (try to steer away from white bread if you can)
- Peanut Butter
- Whatever other fruits and veggies you like and that are in season
- Can get canned veggies too
- Green Beans, etc.
- Hot Sauce (I put Sriracha on just about everything)
- Barbecue Sauce, etc.
- Dark Chocolate
All of these foods are very cheap and they can make so many different meals and they’re all quite healthy. Things like oats, rice, pasta and potatoes are so cheap to buy in bulk and they will last you a very long time.
2 thoughts on “Quarantine Shopping List”